Undo Stiffness: Banded Face Pull
This year has inevitably made us bottom-heavy. Literally. The combination of locked-down-at-home and working-from-home, has made most of us sit for longer periods.
Our bodies are not made to be stationary. Feelings like tight hips and back pain are clear signals that enough is enough. Let's get moving 👊
With many of us spending upwards of 6 hours sitting behind a computer, we wanted to introduce a series of exercises for you to practise.
Our first exercise is called the "Banded Face Pull".
Follow these Steps
1. Wrap resistance band around a sturdy object around hip height (e.g. dining table leg).
2. Stand and wrap each end of the band around each of your hands.
4. Stand back to have some tension in the band.
4. Start with hands in front of you at chest height
5. Pull your fists towards your ears (palms facing forward) as your elbows follow backwards.
6. Aim to have your elbows ending up pointing to 3 and 9 o'clock.
7. You should feel your shoulder blade muscles tensing and working.
8. Repeat 8-15 x until fatigue in the upper back muscles are felt. Repeat a few sets with 1 minute rest in between sets.
Is your body not feeling its best?
Energise Therapy Clinic provides remedial massage, physiotherapy and acupuncture services. Located in Burwood, we are a convenient health clinic for people based in Ashfield, Strathfield, Croydon and surrounding suburbs.