FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need a doctor’s referral?
No. A doctor’s referral is certainly welcome but not necessary. You will need one if you are claiming Medicare, Veteran’s affairs, workers compensation or motor vehicle accident injury claims. In all other cases, we can see you directly and help get you on your road to recovery straight away.
Exactly what is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a proven strategy to help those who are suffering from aches, pains, stiffness, and those who are having trouble physically doing the activities that they love to do and/or no longer able to.
We will first aim to help you improve the pain or stiffness as well as any other concerns and worries. Then we aim to find the ‘root or ‘source’ of the problem so that we can help you prevent it from happening again.
Isn't Physiotherapy just for sports injuries and athletes?
Definitely not. Although love to help with sports injuries and athletes of all levels, we are also very capable of resolving pains, conditions and injuries that arise from day to day activities. Commonly we will see people with:
long standing neck and upper back pain: those who feel like there is a heavy weight on their shoulders, complaining of stiffness and tightness
chronic low back pain with difficulties sitting and standing for more than 10 - 15 minutes
Men and women in their 40's - 60's who have noticed gradually increasing pain in their shoulder and can no longer reach or lift things above their head.
What should I expect at my first Physiotherapy session?
1. Taking a history: We will ask you a few questions about your condition in order to help attain the most accurate diagnosis possible which will then help to provide the most suitable treatment. We might questions such as how the injury started?what things seem to make the problem worse? what activities are you struggling to do? and what goals you want to achieve
2. Physical Assessment: with your permission, we will go through some relevant tests and assess how you are moving to determine what movements are painful or restricted. The purpose of this assessment is to firstly confirm our diagnosis, and secondly to give you an idea of what physical signs will improve as you get better with treatment.
3. Explanation of the injury and treatment plan: we will take some time to ensure you understand what your injury is; how it is likely to have come about; what our treatment will involve and how it relates to your recovery. We will then give you an idea of the expected time frame for recovery so we can look forward to successfully returning to the things you want to do.
4. Treatment. With your permission we will start treatment which will likely to include 'hands on' therapy and stretches for areas that need to be 'loosened'. After this, we will re-test some movements to see what difference we have made. Some exercises will be explained to you so that you can keep and maintain the improvements we have achieved.
5. You leave with clarity, reassurance and confidence that soon your problems will be resolved and goals will be achieved.
Am I eligible for a rebate?
If you have a Medicare care plan from your doctor you are able to get up to 5 physiotherapy treatments covered under Medicare this year.
You must speak to your GP to see if you are eligible and suitable to receive this care plan.
HICAPS is available at Energise Therapy Clinic so you will be able to process this on the spot in most cases.
Discount rates for physiotherapy treatment is available for aged pensioners
What should I wear?
Generally, you should wear comfortable clothing such as a t-shirt and shorts.
It is extremely helpful for the injured area to be easily accessible and exposed, so some patients will want to wear a singlet or sports bra etc.
If some clothing is required to be removed for assessment or treatment, you will be given appropriate draping to ensure your privacy and comfort. We are also able to lend you some shorts at the clinic if you require.
What should I bring?
Any relevant documents regarding your injury or problem. For example: doctor's letters, x-ray or other scan results.
If you will be claiming a rebate from your health fund or Medicare, be sure to remember your health fund card and/or Medicare card.
Why choose Energise Therapy Clinic?
Simply put, its the amount of care and time our therapists give to our patients.
We see our patients ‘one on one’ and are very ‘hands on’ using techniques like massage, spine mobilisations, stretching acupuncture etc plus exercises and posture correction to get you back to enjoying life quickly, and have you take control of your problem for the many years to come.
We understand nobody really loves to have treatment so we strive to make it as pleasant and valuable for you as possible. We want to help you so much so that you don’t need to come back to see us every few months with your pain!